Solved

Add/Remove "kind of topic" options on Create New Topic page

• 16 November 2022
  • 2 replies

We’re currently going to hold off on launching our ideas module and release it in the future as a “cool new feature”. With that being said, on the Create New Topic page, there are three (3) preset options for the kind of topic a user is attempting to post:

❓ Question

💬 Conversation

💡 Idea

Since we’re not utilizing IDEAS right now, I don’t want to have that option present. I’ve seen other communities not only limit the topic types to 1-2 but also have changed what the topic types are named

See example from Miro below:

And Workable here:

Any directions would be helpful and appreciated

Thanks/Grazie/Gracias, Danke

Kris

icon

Best answer by TomW 16 November 2022, 20:57

View original

2 replies

'

Hi Kris!

Since we’re not utilizing IDEAS right now, I don’t want to have that option present. 

The solution might be easier than you expected. Simply uncheck the permission checkboxes under Platform > Ideation > Permissions. The button will not be visible for those who don''t have permission to post a new idea.

I’ve seen other communities not only limit the topic types to 1-2 but also have changed what the topic types are named

I could try to explain how to change phrases, but Frank did a really good job explaining it in the following topic:

I hope this will help you! ? Have a good one!

Tom

'

You’re the man Tom! Thank you so much, and you’re right that was WAY easier *Slaps forehead*

Thanks a bunch