Question

How to create employee-only leaderboard

• 11 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Hi - I’ve set up a custom role as “employee” but I’m not able to filter my leaderboard for only this role. I am trying to remove non-employee community members from appearing, but since everyone shares the role of “Registered User” I am not able to get what I am looking for.

Has anyone found a way to make this work?

10 replies

Badge

Is it an option for you to give all employees the “moderator” role? This is the only way I’m seeing right now - giving them a different primary role so they aren’t “registered users” anymore.

Thanks @bjoern_schulze. Unfortunately I can’t since that will take up seats that we’d have to pay for..

Badge

Meh, that’s too bad, @Brian_A. What about hijacking the “Super user” role? It’s supposed to be a role that you assign to the most active and most trusted end users on your community. I don’t know your community but maybe you don’t need this role (at the moment).

In the long run I only see two ways for this to work:

• inSided adjusts the leaderboard so you can include certain roles instead of just excluding (as it is now)
  • inSided lets us have more primary roles (such as “Employee”), which would benefit a lot of other functionalities on the platform as well, not only the leaderboard
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Created an ‘Employee only’ leaderboard after @Haiko showed me how to de-select other Roles, like this very inSpired community… 1 observation and I didnt think it’d work this way, the ‘View full leaderboard’ hyperlink leads you to the same listing of users, it does not retain the ‘Employee’ only filter.

cc @Julian

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

So I know that the leaderboard widget is set up (and filters) per widget, so following that the dedicated page probably will show an unfiltered leaderboard.

That makese sense after all - on inSpired we have two leaderboards, and the page would not know which ones’ filters it should be using.

I quickly checked on inSpired then, and was quite surprised that Daniel was not on top / me on 3rd. This should be the case looking at the raw all-time point score.

I will check with the team as I do not know how to interpret this. I will let you know my findings. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks @Julian and looks like inSiders such as yourself do not appear on the all time leaderboard leaderboard /leaderboard?period=allTime ?

Anyway broadly speaking maybe we need to think about bringing gradation in Leaderboards:

• per user role
  • per category people are more active in

etc?

Badge

That’s one of the magic secrets here. Someone probably made it so that inSiders do not ever appear on the main leaderboard. After all, Julian is extremely competitive and doesn’t want me getting in the way! :stuck_out_tongue:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

That’s one of the magic secrets here. Someone probably made it so that inSiders do not ever appear on the main leaderboard. After all, Julian is extremely competitive and doesn’t want me getting in the way! :stuck_out_tongue:

:joy:  @Blastoise186 

Badge

But of course, there’s an even better temporary solution to that problem… Make the entire leaderboard totally invisible with a new beta homepage! XD

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Here’s the core maintainability challenge