Solved

Expectation setting after first post

• 5 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi everyone!

We’re pre-launch of our new InSided Community and one piece of feedback I’m getting from my testers, who have just made their first post, is “what happens now?”.

I’m wondering if anyone has found a way to trigger a message to a user who has just made their first post. I’d like to set expectations with them on response times, and let them know that we’ll email them when they get a response. It’s something I only really want to trigger for a new user, I think this might get annoying for experienced community members.

Anyone pulled this off or tried something like it?

icon

Best answer by Ditte 5 October 2021, 11:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Onomatopoeia 

This is a great opportunity to use the ranking system’s auto notifications. Here you can set the expectations in the vein of “Did you know that we expect to answer your topic within xx time?”

Your ranking system should be set up to trigger on the user creating a first topic for this to work.

Good luck with your community launch! :) 

Badge

Oh @Ditte - that’s a genius idea! I’ll try it out with our testers and see what they think. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Oh @Ditte - that’s a genius idea! I’ll try it out with our testers and see what they think. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Hahaha I have my moments :laughing:

I hope your users will also find it useful!