Does anyone have images (Thumbnail images for widgets, article feature images) available for wider use?

• 23 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone!

I am wondering if anyone has access to or knows of a larger repository of favicons, shared images, badges, hero images for use?

I am a smaller team of basically me, and would love to not have to start from scratch.

Thank you for the help!

5 replies

@Vishwas Katti 

Badge

You might want to check Unsplash.com for a start. After that I’d recommend getting some custom designs for things like badges to create consistency; you could try something like Fiverr for cheap but effective and quick turnaround.

Hope this helps!

+1 on Unsplash for images.

For icons, try the Noun Project or check out open source libraries like Remix icon or Product Design Resources (just make sure you watch for the attribution requirements).

Upwork can also be a great place to find a freelancer, or reach out to one of your local schools as there may be a student looking to add to their portfolio.

@Scott Baldwin @SmartlyGreg - Thanks for helping out here! 

@Greg - I use Unsplash quite a bit myself. Another good resource for stock photos, royalty free images & videos - https://www.pexels.com/ (in case you need another option yourself) 

Hi Andre! I’ve previously used: 

Each has a free version, but if you are able to get budget, I HIGHLY recommend upgrading to Canva Pro. As a solopreneur, it’s helped immensely with my graphic design needs for my business. I’ve also heard many other community professionals say it’s helped them create imagery for their community. Hope this helps!