How To Pin Topics On Specific Pages In The Embeddable Widgets

The embeddable widgets come out of the box with an automatic search, using the title of the page to find relevant content. This saves time when embedding the widgets on lots of pages across your site. On the other hand, for some webpages you know exactly which specific topics should be highlighted, because they’ll definitely provide helpful information to your visitors.

From Control, you can easily pin specific community content to a particular page of your website.

Before you start:

• You’ll need to have set up some trusted domains before you can get started with the following tutorial (to do this, go to Control Integrations  EMBEDDABLE WIDGET Setup and fill out the required information).
  • ⚠️ If you’ve already installed the embeddable widgets installed on your website, then any changes you save using the content configuration tool will be immediately applied.
  • ⚠️ When adding topics, please bear in mind that topics that are unreadable/not public (e.g. they're in closed subforums, or in the trash) will not be displayed on your website.

How To Add Topics To Specific Pages Of Your Website With The Embeddable Widgets

1. Go to Control Integrations  EMBEDDABLE WIDGET Content Configuration.
  2. Hit Add page or Get started, to, well, you know - get started 😉.
  3. Give your ‘page’ a Title and add the ‘URL’ of the webpage you want to target (you can provide the full URL or just part of the URL).
  4. Add a topic to your ‘page’ by pasting the topic URLs and hitting Add Topic. Repeat as many times as needed!
  5. When you’re done, hit Save Changes - the content you added will now be displayed at the top of the embeddable widgets on the webpage with the URL you specified.

🎯You can specify the exact order topics should appear in by dragging and dropping them into position using the ‘handle’ on the left-hand side of the topic.

🎯 One ‘page’ in our system can represent multiple webpages on your site. This means it’s possible to set up one group of content and deliver it to multiple webpages. To do this, just enter part of a URL common to all of your webpages. See the bottom of this post for an example.

⚠️ ️Currently, only content from a single ‘page’ at a time, alongside automatic search results, will be displayed in the embeddable widgets. (e.g. if you have two 'pages' with the URLs 'apple.com' and 'apple.com/iphone-x', and someone goes to 'www.apple.com/iphone-x', they'll see the content configuration for whichever page was created first.

🎯Want complete control over the content shown on a specific page? You can also disable the automatic topic suggestions.

Example - how to push the same content to more than one webpage at a time:

Let’s say you have the following webpages for which you want to display the same content:

To deliver content to all of these webpages, you’d simply add “stratocaster” in the ‘URL’ when creating your ‘page’.

14 replies

Hello @Frank,

I would like to try this feature but I don´t have this option on my side:

1. Go to Control > Embeddable widgets > Content configuration.

Can you help?
Hello @Frank,

I would like to try this feature but I don´t have this option on my side:

1. Go to Control > Embeddable widgets > Content configuration.
Can you help?

Hi Tomas,

This update for the embeddable widgets is only available for branded customers (this also applies to all upcoming updates for the embeddables in Control). Hope that clears things up!
Hey @Frank is there a maximum amount of topics that can be pinned? We'd like to show only pinned topics. I've added 3 topics from setting to this page, but it only shows 2 of them: https://elisa.fi/asiakaspalvelu/aihe/mobiililaajakaista/ohje/wifi-puhelut/
There's no max limit on the number of topics that can be pinned 🙂.

I just double checked in your Control environment and it appears that there are only two topics pinned for this page.
There's no max limit on the number of topics that can be pinned 🙂.

I just double checked in your Control environment and it appears that there are only two topics pinned for this page.

Fantastic 😂 It seems there was just some double editing with my team mate why the changes weren't saved.
I've tested this and added 5 items to the widget. But it only shows 3. Any idea what happens?
Badge
Hey Stephan,

There's currently a fixed limit of 3 items for the in-page widget, so that's expected behaviour.
How can I change this phrases http://prntscr.com/oohdbr ?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
How can I change this phrases http://prntscr.com/oohdbr ?

I am not sure if this is possible that easy, I could not find a code for these phrases.

Are they incorrect? Or do you just want to make them better?

I am checking with my colleagues, but maybe we can update it for you. What would you like to see there instead?
@Julian wrong translation.

Correct:

Знайшли відповідь? Так Ні
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Ah ok good, I will pass it on so that this is being corrected, will get back at you once this has been done!
Hi @a.slyusar just letting you know this incorrect translation has been corrected now!
@tom.shaddock no, it did not corrected https://prnt.sc/p3pekm
@a.slyusar can you try again now, should now have changed for you 😄