How to configure the keyword blocker
Note: you must be have the community manager/administrator primary role to configure this rule.
- Go to Control > Settings > Pre-moderation Rules.
- Under ‘Keyword blocker’, turn on the switch.
- Add a list of keywords that you’d like to block in topics and replies.
- Press save changes.
- You’re all set!
Multi-word phrases are not currently supported in the keyword blocker.
The keyword blocker does not currently support topics/replies for the (new) ideation & product updates modules.
How to moderate posts blocked by the keyword blocker
- Go to Control > Content > Pending Posts.
- Select the post
- Choose one of the following actions:
- Approve (publish the topic/reply to the community)
- Mark as spam (trash the topic/reply and ban the user)
- Move to trash (simply trash the topic/reply)
More details around how the rule works
The keyword blocker uses an exact match. (e.g. duck keyword matches duck but not ducking or motherducker).
Words in topics/replies are split by whitespace - whitespace/punctuation are also removed from these split words.