Solved

Splitting up categories and moving their badges / merging another

• 10 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there.

We recently merged two old categories with their own badges and split a category into two separate ones. I am wondering if there a way to merge people who have earned two types of badges into 1 new category and if there is a way to split owners of 1 badge into two.

Hoping to keep this work not manual and with as much automation as possible.

Thanks,

Alex

icon

Best answer by DannyPancratz 10 February 2023, 19:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Merging badges:

This will be a lot easier when bulk actions are built out (in the works, we’ve been told) for the User Overview. But currently you can only apply a custom role. 

Another current challenge is you can’t export users who have received a specific badge, although you can filter by that on the User Overview. So I’d recommend requesting the list from Support and/or asking support to help you with this. 

It should be a lot easier in the future (filter on User Overview, then use a bulk action to apply the new badge to them and/or remove old badges). But we’re still waiting for those improvements (some research was done in recent months, so you’d hope it’s on the roadmap; check with your CSM for estimated timeline)

Splitting badges

Similar answer here, although it’ll be tough to identify your criteria. I recommend checking with support on this one too. Generally, they’re pretty helpful with these types of requests. All of these things are fairly easy via the API, it’s just difficult/impossible to export the data needed (plus waiting on bulk actions)