Question

Restructuring Content

• 17 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Greetings!

I was wondering if anyone here has gone through a content restructure in your community? Long story short, in about a month we will be changing our site structure so some of the content will need to be moved to a new location. All the content will be moved on the same day, but I’d like to set it up so it is seamless on restructure day.

I was thinking I would give each post needing to be moved a Moderator Tag to easily filter on restructure day, then leave an internal note with where it needs to go. But I don’t know if that is the best way to approach it so I’d love some ideas from y’all if you have them.

Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @laura.porcincula 

Without embarking on using the API, the method you put forward is probably the best bet. 

To clarify steps:

Using moderator Tags or Labels would indeed let you quickly filter on the Content > Moderation > Overview.

Here you can multi select the topics to move and do so. 

An idea to minimise risk of error, if not too much effort for you, would be to have labels of the destination, move to xxxx, for example. That way whoever undertakes the move will be given.

I made a little loom to show what I mean.,

This is super helpful, thank you!

Another question for you @Alistair FIeld. What do you think is the most efficient way to apply a moderator tag to all of my community posts? Should I export every post into an excel doc to manage? Or do you think there is a better way to do this efficiently within the platform?

Hi @Alistair FIeld and @valerie.molina, any insight on my question above?