Question

How to edit quotes?

• 11 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Text editor works nicely, generally speaking, but I would like to know what is the best way to edit the quotes?

If there is quote after quote after quote, and you want to delete for example the first quote, in this case I want to delete Leo´s comment, what is the best way to do it?

I have to activate correct “field” in the editor and then I can delete it? Where to press, to activate correct “field”?

When I use mobile I find this more difficult. I have to tab several times “there and there”, to find the correct place to activate correct field to remove quote from the post.

(Sorry horrible quality)

I think I have to get this “bolded” blue frame and then when pressing backspace I can remove Leo´s comment? What is the best way to get this bolded blue frame when using mobile device?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Additionally, what is the best way to remove the images from the quote?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

And last, where are these explained?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Is there easy way to edit those? I can edit them but it takes time and effort and extra pressings to different places. I would like to know what is the best way to edit quotes.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey @revote ?,

I think this functionality might be being affected by the following bug:

I don’t think you would usually see the bold blue borders around the quotes. However, this is the area that needs to be targeted if you want to edit these quotes.

From testing out this functionality, you are able to edit the contents of the quote but not the text that informs you who wrote it. For example:

Is there easy way to edit those?...I can edit this part but not the ‘revote wrote:’ above. 

For the dotted line and return symbol. This appears to be functionality designed so that you can shift the quotes down and insert content above them.

I doubt we can change this behaviour without an update to the text editor but I can check with our product team.

• What images are you referring to that you want to delete?
  • Is the frustrating experience you’re describing mostly on mobile?
  • How many extra times are you needing to click?

If you could share a video that would be super helpful ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @revote ?,

I think this functionality might be being affected by the following bug:

I don’t think you would usually see the bold blue borders around the quotes. However, this is the area that needs to be targeted if you want to edit these quotes.

Hmm, maybe affected somehow but I think we are talking about different things. 

I havent seen this square popping in our community before today (I´ve been away two days), but issues with editing quote has been several months. I just havent asked before.

From testing out this functionality, you are able to edit the contents of the quote but not the text that informs you who wrote it. For example:

Is there easy way to edit those?...I can edit this part but not the ‘revote wrote:’ above. 

For the dotted line and return symbol. This appears to be functionality designed so that you can shift the quotes down and insert content above them.

Yes, this is clear.

I doubt we can change this behaviour without an update to the text editor but I can check with our product team.

1. What images are you referring to that you want to delete?
  2. Is the frustrating experience you’re describing mostly on mobile?
  3. How many extra times are you needing to click?

If you could share a video that would be super helpful ?

1. Just images what are added to the comment. Usually they are not important to include to the quote, so it would be nice to know what is the best way to delete them there
  2. Mostly, yes. But on desktop as well
  3. Hmm, maybe 3-5 times, at least?

I cant promise the video, we´ll see :)