Solved

Is there a way to enable users to delete their own posts?

• 3 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I know we can permission edit time, but does that include delete?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 4 August 2021, 07:37

View original

5 replies

It doesn’t. And there isn’t a setting currently. 

Hi there! Are there any updates for this issue? How do users delete their own posts? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

There definitely isn’t a current way for users to delete their own posts. Perhaps @Gainsight CC Team could chime in on if it’s anywhere in the current roadmap. 

In the mean time, I recommend voting for these two ideas: 

If they delivered that second or third one, community managers could create Zapier workflows to facilitate the auto delete via the API. It could be as simple as user that flagged matches the post author and then an api call to delete that specific post. 

Optimistic view: I know they’re looking to dramatically improve the real-time user experience for posts, replies, etc so this would seem like something that might be built into that. Timeline is later this year at the earliest, I would guess. 

Pragmatic view: These ideas have very few votes and I haven’t seen much in the roadmap updates that would suggest this would be possible any time soon. 

This is incredibly helpful @DannyPancratz ! Thank you so much for your response and for tagging those ideas! On my way to vote for them.

Our community members post job vacancies on the community and if the job is filled, they are unable to delete it so outdated/unavailable jobs live on the community until we do the manual work of removing them. It would be a dream for this purpose (and so many others) for our end users to have the option to delete their posts. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Generally speaking, I dont want that users can delete their posts. Community is all the time growing data bank, and if users can delete their posts it just doesn't work.

There are users who asks help and after they have got what they were looking for, they delete their post / topic. This is so annoying and selfish.

Or, if users knows that they can delete their posts, they can write whatever they want when they are mad, and just delete posts later on if needed.

Of course there are usecases when possibility to delete the post is justified. Maybe as a admin I should be able to set this by category level?