API Documentation & How To Get API Credentials

• 25 October 2017
  • 13 replies

Last update 26 May 2021

API credentials

You’re now able to ‘self-service’ your own API application integrations by creating and revoking API credentials yourself in Control. View the API page in Control → Integrations API

Documentation

You can find our API documentation here:

If you’re not sure which of these regions applies to you, please check the API access information section in Control. You can also discover your Base URL here.

Create API client credentials and check your Base URL via the API page (Control > Integrations > API).

Webhooks

Please consult the Webhooks documentation to see a list of what is currently possible: Link

FAQ

Tokens are valid for 2 hours, but if a new token is generated within that time, does it revoke the old one?

No, old tokens are not revoked when a new token is generated. There is no restriction on a number of tokens used simultaneously.

13 replies

Hi, Could you please share me example of remote logout. I am using curl call but getting response like:

Uncaught exception 'inSidedApiException' with message 'This action is only available for fields:email,userid,oracle_sso_id,token_sso_id,openidconnect_sso_id,facebook_sso_id,janrain_sso_id,saml_sso_id,linkedin_sso_id,username

My curl call url is :

https://api.insided.com/v1.1/user/remotelogout/email/rntest1@tomtom.com?apikey=N5WKK9J8J0R0QJXEMTK7&sig=%2BanV1w0LxN0kj2L5UQv2jxRU2uXzNMom3Ot0Phbs3TY%3D

Thanks,

Nital Joshi
Hi, Could you please share me example of remote logout. I am using curl call but getting response like:

Uncaught exception 'inSidedApiException' with message 'This action is only available for fields:email,userid,oracle_sso_id,token_sso_id,openidconnect_sso_id,facebook_sso_id,janrain_sso_id,saml_sso_id,linkedin_sso_id,username

My curl call url is :

https://api.insided.com/v1.1/user/remotelogout/email/rntest1@tomtom.com?apikey=N5WKK9J8J0R0QJXEMTK7&sig=%2BanV1w0LxN0kj2L5UQv2jxRU2uXzNMom3Ot0Phbs3TY%3D

Thanks,

Nital Joshi

Answered here. ✅
Hi,

will it be possible to also pull privat messages via the API? It would be extremely beneficial for us bc we are working with a third-party tool to answer to all social media enquiries, including the community posts. Having the PMs as well in our central worklflow tool would make the customer service process a lot easier.

KR,

Esther
Hey @Esther Groth! I will send you a PM about this. 🙂
@Frank I am using erase API for GDPR delete. My code is :

$url = $insided->api( '/user/'. $userId. '/erase')

->execute('DELETE');

I tried with :

$url = $insided->api( 'v1.1/user/'. $userId. '/erase')

->execute('DELETE');

Both not working. User exist. I tired for user :addval@tomtom.com

Could you please help me with this
Hi @nital, please send your question to support@insided.com. Thanks!
Badge
I know it's still in beta, but is there any documentation about API 2.0?
Badge
Sorry for the super late response Jurgen!

I've PM'd you a link to a preview of our beta API 2.0 documentation (the URL will change so don't want to place it here).

If anyone else wants to take a look at the preview beta (double preview 😅) API 2.0 docs just send me a private message!
Any word on official non-beta API 2.0 documentation?

Hi Team!

I’m trialing the API and trying to set up an Oauth2 connection, but I can’t find an authentication URL. My service requires both an authentication url and a token url. Trying to go to https://api2-us-west-2.insided.com/v2/authorize just brings up a 404. Is the Authentication URL some permutation of /authorize or /authenticate?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I havent ever use any API´s, I dont know what to do and how to do. Sorry but these instructions doesnt help me at all.

Is the any n00b instructions, step-by-step guides how to start using API, for example to load user data from the community?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Terore, these instructions allow you to get API credentials from the inSided system. You will need to use an external system to work with the API to retrieve user data. I can recommend these youtube series from Postman to learn more about APIs

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Terore, these instructions allow you to get API credentials from the inSided system. You will need to use an external system to work with the API to retrieve user data. I can recommend these youtube series from Postman to learn more about APIs

Thanks @Yoeri , found them helpful.