Question

Who's managed to get Google Analytics 4 set up and working for their community?

• 23 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Google Analytics 4 have told us:

On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will no longer process data. You'll be able to see your Universal Analytics reports for a period of time after July 1, 2023. However, new data will only flow into Google Analytics 4 properties.

However I’ve been unable to get it to pull any data. Julian had a similar issue a few months back, 

@Julian did you hear any updates on this? 

Is everything sorted and I’ve just done it wrong on my GA?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Tim,

I was on holiday until a few days ago, so please apologize my delay in response. 😑

I actually have good news for you! So I just double checked our previous attempts of adding GA4 to the inSpired community and… it now seems to simply work!?

I was super surprised when I loaded it - I actually only wanted to show the product team that it is not working.

When did you check for the last time if it is working? Maybe it now also started working for you without any changes?

A tip that I could give to you: It might not work if you simply add / update the GA tag in the existing Google Tag Manager script in your community - it is better to add it as a seperate script which is being provided in GA when you verify the property. Maybe this is what has been holding you (and maybe me?) back when working on this.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Julian 

Good to hear the Inspired GA4 account is up and running!

Unfortunately still no data pulling through on our GA4 page. I’ve checked the OVO Forum’s GTM page and I can see that “GA - Universal” and “Google Analytics GA4 Configuration” have been added as separate tags. It’s such a simple process getting it added, there’s not much opportunity to do this wrong, but I wouldn’t put it past me to find a way ;) 

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tricks I can try? Measurement ID is matching FYI...