Solved

Were fields removed from user exports?

• 6 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hey Insided - Random thing we noticed today. When you export the user report, columns company and company_external_id seem to have been removed. These columns were blank for us, but removing them broke a few of our external dashboards. 

Were the reports changed? If so, is there a way to know in advance about these changes so reporting isn’t broken? 

icon

Best answer by Julian 6 December 2021, 18:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I do not know of a recent change here, I know of some potential bug with the exports but I am not sure if this is related at all.

To me it sounds like these were profile fields. I do see the field “Company” in your community, but not “company_external_ID”. I am not sure if this ever was a profile field, if it maybe was related to info automatically provided by the SSO, or what piece of info this would usually contain. Maybe you have more context for this?

What I can reproduce is the inconsistency between older exports and the recent export. I will try to get to the bottom of this for you and let you know once we have more information.

Badge +1

So, we have a company field that is populated, from the profile fields. But there was another one and company external id. I honestly don’t know where they came from. We only have SSO for our employees. 

Thanks for looking into this! It’s not a big deal, as we didn’t lose any data. It just broke our reports in Power BI.