Solved

Search for active users with at least 1 post AND registered within the last 6 months

• 1 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Looking to gather data around this question:

Can you search for active users with at least 1 post and registered within the last 6 months?

I am trying to find out that for every 6 months of the new members joining, are they active and posting at least 1 time within the community. Right now, I can only uncover members all time rather than from members who are only newly registered during that time frame. Does anyone know a workaround or solution to this?

icon

Best answer by olimarrio 2 December 2022, 13:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

It’s not pretty, but it should work: 

1. Build a custom User Role (in settings) for each 6 month timeframe
    1. You could automate this with a Zapier zap for going forward, if you wanted
      1. Trigger: New user registration
      2. Action: Add a custom role
      3. Maintenance: update the Zap with the new user role when you need to reset your 6 month interval
  2. Users Overview
    1. Filter by registration date
    2. Select all
    3. Bulk add that custom User Role you created
  3. Analytics > User Dashboard
    1. Filter by that customer User Role

The result should be the User Dashboard showing you only users in that 6 month timeframe (based on your custom role) and you’ll get: 

• Total Users
  • New Registrations (should match total users)
  • Users with at least 1 post
    • the %
  • column chart of when they signed up
  • Filterable table to show top users by points, posts, etc
Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Upside of this approach is that you should be able to export the data to csv for more analysis or chart building in excel/sheets. But to do so, you’ll probably need to cross reference between the user export and the post/topic export. 

The user role will be in one of the export columns and you can filter that way. 

@DannyPancratz thanks for the insight and helping, it certainly isn’t a streamed line way of approaching it but it works at least. Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey @krystalwu, you should be able to get users that registered in the last 6 months on the User Overview. There’s an option on the filters named “Registration date”.

I did the filter you asked on our community and I believe that’s what you’re looking for?

You can also save this filter as segment on the top right corner 😀 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The only problem is that I don’t know if the segment will keep updating the last 6 months, it might co-relate only to the day you saved the segment but you can test this and let us know here

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @krystalwu 👋,

You should be able to achieve this from the user overview like @leo-inspired mentioned.

You can combine the filters so that you can target those that have registered after a specific date AND that have more than 0 topics or replies.

The segment feature will allow you to save these filters as a segment which auto-updates automatically, will show segments as a percentage of your user base and allows you to take action on your users through our upcoming bulk actions!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Those are much better solutions. :)

Badge +1

In defence of Danny, this is fairly new functionality :)