Solved

Choosing custom date range in Analytics - is there a better way?

• 11 June 2021
  • 8 replies

In Analytics, the custom date range option seems to be limited when trying for ranges that can run over a few years ( gets tedious when going for >3 years). The ability to type in or click on the particular values would help to quickly to the right year when needed.

Thoughts? 

icon

Best answer by Julian 15 June 2021, 09:49

View original

8 replies

Badge

Howdy @Beachball3000 :)

I think I recognise that particular date picker tool as one that I’ve seen before. If it’s the one that I think it is, you might be in luck.

Quite a few of these date pickers have a sort of “secret button” that zooms out the view a bit and lets you more rapidly time travel over extremely long periods more easily. If you try to click on where it says May 2017 in your screenshot and the view changes to Months, that’s a good sign. Clicking it again will zoom out further and you can go right out to decades in some cases. Clicking on any options from there would zoom back in.

I can’t promise that it will work in all cases as there’s a few date pickers which don’t support this trick, but some do and it’s worth giving it a go. Just in case. :sunglasses:

Hey @Blastoise186, appreciate your response! =)

I had in fact tried (clicking on the labels) that out, before deciding to raise this on here. Interesting to know that certain date pickers allow it while others don’t -- where/which module can I find the one that works? The screenshot I have is from the Analytics module, and I tried (in vain) at the other dashboards in it, but didn’t seem to work.

Looks like it’ll be one for the @Gainsight CC Team to iron out :wink:

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

the solution to this might be easier than you think: You can simply type in and change the date range in the text field at the top. Then press enter, and the values you have entered will be applied:

Hope this will help!

Badge

Ooh of course. That option is even more universal! Why didn’t I think of that one? :rofl:

Thanks @Julian !

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

For a long time, our dashboards did not automatically store the selected range when switching between dashboards. So I would have to manually re-enter the range every single time. Of course you start testing things out then. :P

Gosh, @Julian that’s done it! I totally forgot pressing on Enter when I had tried that option too initially; I had typed it in and waited for the selection tool to showcase it (which it never did, so I assumed it didn’t work.)

Much appreciated! :nerd:

Badge

Glad to hear it!

To be fair though, adding the ability to click on things to zoom out might be a pretty handy feature idea. As the OP of this thread @Beachball3000 I consider you to have come up with this first and I don’t like to take the credit for other peoples ideas.

Feel free to fire off an Idea or two for this one. You might get lucky. :wink:

Haha, much appreciated on the suggestion @Blastoise186 -- I’ll give that a go!