More ways to earn badges

Hey all,

I was wondering if there is a possibility that the rules where users earn badges could get an update. By example: we would like our users to receives badges when they reply late at night, early in the morning, really fast or by the amount of likes they get on their replies.

At this moment it is only possible to recieve badges by the amount of replies within a sub category. This leaves little room for creactivity and encouragement.

Are there any other Communities that feel the same way about this subject? If yes i would love to hear more about it!

2 replies

Badge
@daniel.boon mentioned this as a future feature 5 months ago :)

Up next and in the future for self-service badges:

• (Soon) Admins will be able to configure & customise the email/private message notifications that users will receive upon earning a badge.
  • (Future) More rules for triggering badges - we're looking to you for inspiration, so post your best ideas in the Ideation forum and let others vote on them.

https://community.insided.com/news-platform-updates-16/self-service-badges-has-arrived-create-and-edit-badges-in-control-365
Badge
I think your 4 suggestions are fine, by the way! One's not necessarily better than the other, it's more about having a nice diverse list of badges.

Here's some more ideas:

- Curator: Over X posts containing an image.

- First in Line: Over X posts is a first reply.

- Wordy: Over X posts are over Y characters long.

- Anniversary: User has been a member for X years

- Special forces: X times correctly identified spam/abuse

- Fan: Likes X posts

- Famous: their topics are viewed X times