How do you improve the level of peer to peer support on your community?

• 1 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Being an energy company, a lot of the queries we are getting through the community are asked by users with the best intentions, but quite often we have to pick up the query as it is very account specific to that customer.

On occasion others offer to help by giving some advice and we are working on nudging our more active users to step in and help, some of which are doing so off their own back. But I'd love to hear from you guys on what you've done to improve peer to peer support on your community? Any real successes in what you did that helped drive this forward?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Darran

4 replies

Hi Darran,

First of all make sure that all the information that is needed for others to help answer questions is available on the community and is easy to find.

What I found effective in letting (super)users use that information to help others, was by treating them as customer service employees when it comes to informing them on product/service changes, campaigns etc. By informing them a couple of days before general communication, the super users feel privileged and are more motivated to use that "(until recently) exclusive information" for answering questions on the community. You can share these "exclusive" information updates in your closed off super user category.
Thanks @Hugo very useful insight. We are already starting to support our superusers, highlighting some topics they might like to help out with and giving them a bit of a steer on what to reply with.

Giving them the heads up a few days before any big launches etc is a good shout although tricky as things seem to happen at the last minute quite a lot!

Thanks again.

Darran
Working on a superuser area for the forum now, planning to start seeding updates to our top users, getting their feedback on new initiatives etc. Also a place for us to educate some users with how things work in a bit more detail, so they will hopefully feel more empowered to help.

I will keep you posted.

Darran
Sounds great Darran!